I have been on Google+ for a long time and have never really used it a whole lot. OK I use it about as much as I use any social media which isn't a whole lot. But I started using Picasa Web a long time ago for backing up my pictures. Recently they moved Picasa Web to Google+ Photos which wasn't that big of a deal as it works pretty much the same.
However, today I uploaded some images from our cameras and found a new feature. Apparently Google+ analyzes the images and tries to find images that are similar and then it uses those to create collages of images or even animated GIFs. I originally shared this on Google+ but I don't have that many friends there. So then I tried to share it on Facebook which it turns out doesn't support animated GIFs. So I thought I would try to post it here. So here it goes.
 |
| Chloe trying out her new Sit and Spin |
 |
| Another picture of the Sit and Spin |
 |
| We have been having a lot of fun jumping off the couch. |
Not only can it do animated GIFs but it also tries to create nice collages. We had one really nice one that popped up.
 |
| Yes she likes to pose |
 |
| Strike a Pose |
There was another one that would be nice but it selected some out of focus pictures.
So the only complains I have so far are
- It is a royal pain to share pictures from Google+ photos to anything else (Facebook, twitter, etc...)
- The desktop version of Picasa doesn't support animated GIFs which means it doesn't even try to download them
We also took some pictures of our Neighborhood Memorial Day Parade that Google animated for us.
 |
| Our cub scout/boy scout color guard |
 |
| Some of the local kids in the parade |
No comments:
Post a Comment